As we head into the height of the holiday season we are baking, wrapping and shopping, I thought I would share a few different things to do with baking flour. Since this is also the season of baking flour is on sale and maybe you have a little left in the bottom of the container – here are some ideas and good uses:
1. Clean playing cards.
· If your cards are looking gray put them in a plastic bag with a half-cup of flour. Shake for one minute. Remove the cards and shuffle the deck a few times over the sink to clear.
2. Unstick a lid.
· Have a plastic container that closes a little too tightly? Dip the container edge in flour to prevent sticking.
3. Clean heavy white fabrics.
· Spot clean white canvas, leather, faux leather, vinyl and even curtains by rubbing flour into the dirt lines, then brushing clean.
4. Mix up some glue.
· Whip up craft glue for the kids by missing 1 part flour with 3 parts water. Boil, stirring, until it becomes paste; store in the fridge.
5. Make clay.
· Knead together 1 cup water, 3 cups flour and 1 teaspoon vegetable oil. Add food color. To store, moisten and wrap it in plastic and put in the fridge.
Get the kids involved – bet they will be impressed that you can make your own clue!
Thanks for stopping by,
Reechia & Keith