We have talked a lot lately about trends and remodeling - painting, colors, we have even discussed the price and process of remodeling your kitchen but today we can are explore some of the most popular trends for remodeling your kitchen.
Here is what is hot according to a recent study conducted by Houzz, a popular home design and remodeling website, these results were gathered from a study/survey that had 7,812 respondants who are currently remodeling or planning to in the very near future:
- Chef's Stoves - professional-grade range - a stove with options such as a flat griddle or a cook-top to accommodate a searing pan or wok or canning kettle. 32% of the respondants said this was their dream appliance.
- 18% of the respondants listed double ovens as their desired appliance.
- Other high-end features mentioned: induction cook-tops; wine refrigerators; convenction ovens.
- Warming drawers were a priority for 4% of the respondants.
- Eco-friendly features. 49% of the respondants mentioned eco-friendly appliances and materials.
- Granite & Quartz counter-tops. 94% of the respondants said they were changing out their counter-tops! Granite still tops the list with more than half of the respondants but quartz was desired by 36%!
- Quartz counter-tops are resistant to stains and scractches and are easy to take care of, some refer to them as being "bullet proof".
- Tile backsplash. It is interesting that only 2% of the respondants want tile counter-tops but more than half of them want it as backsplash material.
- Flooring - hardwood led the list of choices, but tile came in second!
- Stainless Steel - 65% favor stainless steel appliances as their most desired change in their remodel project.
- Islands - 61% of the respondants are incorporating an island into their remodel plans. However if your space is too small or the configuration won't work adding an island will be a very big negative. Be sure it doesn't block or hamper the flow of how you naviagate your way around the kitchen.
- Transitional style. Combining the tradtional and the contempory has grown in popularity.
- White cabinets. Whites and off-whites are the top choice for color schemes - 73%! People want a light and bright kitchen and white cabinets are the answer.
- Gray color schemes. This option for remodeling jumped in popularity significantly since 2012. The designers say that gray is a very "hot" color in the palette these days.
Bottom line - people want a kitchen that is easy on the eyes, clean and unfussy appearance! And easy to keep clean!
Helping you buy or sell your home is our goal,
Getting you through the process is our expertise!
Keith & Reechia Powell